Tuesday 1 September 2009

The Holiday Is Over

Sadly. It's back to the grind-drive. Impressively after only a week (or so) off, I seem to have totally forgotten how to get ready for work in the morning, neglecting to shave and generally faffing a lot instead of getting ready with my customary slick and automatic efficiency. I also managed to leave all sorts of things I was supposed to bring with me at home into the bargain - including the work laptop I had been loaned for the holidays, my mobile, my little umbrella (suits get knackered when they get wet) and the jumper I've been wearing in the office (I sit right under a very chilly aircon vent.) At least I remembered my wallet, my iPod and my house keys but that's still not a very good remembering things to forgetting things ratio.

Then, of course, the traffic was really bad at Dartford which rounded out quite a good morning from a grumpiness perspective. Unfortunately I obviously have a bit of holiday cheer left which has cancelled most of it out, so, reluctantly, I'm forced to end the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...