Friday 4 September 2009

Quiet Week

Nothing much to report this week, the traffic is definitely worse now unfortunately, it's taking me about 15 minutes longer to get in than it did during the holidays but so far no major snarl-ups.

Things are looking up on the job front too.  One of my former employers has been in touch to see if I fancy coming back for a spell (still contract unfortunately.)  To be honest I'm not entirely sure I do want to go back, but beggars can't be choosers.  At least I have the option (hopefully) if I want it.  The only person at my current employer who could do the work I'm doing has just left, so if I play my cards right there should be more work here too.

My photography books arrived and I've been driving Hayley quietly mad sitting in the lounge taking endless photos of the fireplace to see what all the different settings do.  Not entirely sure the fireplace is actually the best subject for this but it's the best I can do for now.  My father-in-law has offered me his old Minolta lenses to try (they should work on my camera) which would be great and could save me a fortune.

That's it really.  Boring eh?

Edit: anther former employer has been in touch also requesting my services.  Much less likely to happen than the other one, but having options makes me feel good, even if they're not very likely ones.

2 comments:

  1. Now you come to mention it there does seem to be a distinct lack of beer in your blog, which of course is the thing that makes them interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! It's obvious when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...