Sunday 6 September 2009

Campbells Rutherglen Muscat

After a special request from Ned I've decided to up the alchohol content of my blog for a bit.  So here's what I had to drink last night:

Campbells Rutherglen Muscat
Very nice indeed.  A good rich desert wine, one of the best I've tried.  I still think that the obscure Sicilan Passito di Pantelleria is the best ever but this is a fairly comfortable second so far.

Hmm, this drink reviewing is harder than it looks, it's not easy to come up with descriptions that aren't, "Yum, it was was tasty."  Need more practice obviously.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have trouble going beyond 'lovely', 'hoppy' and 'malty'. A mate of mine who has the gift of the gab for beer tasting always breaks it down into three sections: aroma, taste and after taste, that gives you three chances to burble on.

    I've also noticed in a lot of beer reviews they're padded out with facts about the brewery or beer style but not the actual beer itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I'll have to read a few drink reviews and see how they do it. I should have been paying more attention during Oz and James!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...