Monday 7 September 2009

Travel Survey

Bleh.  School holidays are definitely over.  It took me an extra fifteen minutes this morning to get to the motorway.  Strangely, the motorway itself was if anything running slightly better than normal, although that was possibly only because I was later than I usually am. 

That's got nothing to do with the post though, Hayley and I have been selected (Phoebe is too young  apparently) to take part in a Department for Transport travel survey.  I have no idea why.  It seems to be all about cycling, but I'm afraid there's not much chance of me cycling to Dartford every day, or for that matter taking public transport.  It's kind of a pain, we have to log all the journeys we do including "all walks no matter how short" in a travel diary but it's not clear if I need to put  things like "7:30am walked five meters to garage" or if I need to log the run I did this morning.  After all running isn't walking and I wasn't going anywhere anyway.  It's all just too confusing.  I also have a feeling it's going to make me look a little boring, as all I'll have in it will be "drive to work, drive home, drive to work, drive home..."  At least it's only for a week.

2 comments:

  1. What do you get for doing the survey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing, as far as I know... Now that you mention it that does seem a little mean.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...