Monday 14 September 2009

Buckfast Abbey Tonic Wine

My ever helpful brother has been kind enough to provide me with a sample of the (in)famous Buckfast Tonic Wine which I took for a test drive over the weekend.

It's nice - sweet and strong but with a slightly bitter edge reminiscent of tonic water, like its Sherry’s slightly unsavoury younger brother. I can see why the kids like it.  It's also chock full of caffeine, more so even than Red Bull, which was a bit of a surprise, and we should all know the consequences of mixing caffeine and alcohol by now. That could go quite a long way towards explaining its (possibly undeserved) dubious reputation.

But as a responsible adult (kind of) I feel I can enjoy it without wrecking the house or running out into the street and having a fight. Although I did only have a small glass. Who knows what could happen if I have two small glasses...

1 comment:

  1. Before you know it you'll be finishing off the bottle on a park bench!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...