Thursday 27 August 2009

Holiday Part Deux

Well it's been a hectic week. We've been to Tesco - again! I know, it's astounding. We even had lunch there. Which was pretty shit if I'm honest.

There have been a couple of more interesting excursions though. Astute observers will have noticed that I bought a camera a few days ago, something I obviously didn't do in Singleton. I can now exclusively reveal that we went to Chichester for the day. It was nice. After a bit of aimless wandering we had lunch in a Weatherspoons where Phoebe discovered that she is very fond of chips! She gets that from her mother.

The next day we took Phoebe on her first swimming trip. Not entirely sure what she made of the experience, she didn't look sad or happy. The entire thing seemed to be a total non-event as far as she was concerned. Unlike showering and getting dressed again afterwards which was a bit fraught. Even with two of us to juggle her it was still really difficult and she got very hot and miserable.

Today we went to sculpture and insect world where I got plenty of opportunities to use my new camera. Unfortunately we'd been out for lunch and then kept Phoebe up instead of sensibly going back to the cottage and putting her to bed (which would have meant not going to SAIW of course) and she was really tired and upset. I ended up (literally) running round the forest on my own (it's 24 acres) taking pictures of as many of the sculptures as I could while Hayley sat and waited in the car with her. It was a bit of shame for Hayley, I think she'd have really enjoyed it if she'd had the chance. It was also a bit of shame for my wallet as it costs £10 to get in and I can't really say she got her money's worth. Anyway, if I ever get around to it, you will be able to see the fruits of my photographic labour here at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Sculpture and insect world? That sound's a trifle irregular

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, that's in honour of the legendary Butterfly and Insect World in Edinburgh (http://www.edinburgh-butterfly-world.co.uk/) don't be fooled by the URL they have insects there too. We tend to add 'and Insect World' to the name of any slightly odd or unusual attraction. Anything with 'world' in it's name also benefits immeasurably from the insertion of 'and insect' - try it and see!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...