Monday 17 August 2009

The Joy Of Text

No not text messages, I mean just plain, ordinary, old fashioned words. Well, sort of old fashioned. Perhaps I should say plain, ordinary, old fashioned words repackaged in a fancy high-tech wrapping. I am of course talking about the new Sony Reader which my lovely family got me for my tieth birthday. Even though it's not my actual birthday until next week, like a naughty boy I loaded up some of my ebooks and got stuck in.

It's so good, I'm already wondering if I'll ever read a paper book ever again. Of course I will, that's a silly thing to suggest. Even so, I do think it could easily be to books what iPods are to music. I always thought it would be a good gadget but held off getting one for a while as I wasn't able to find any ebooks that I actually wanted to read. All that changed though last month and I'm now the proud owner of enough ones and zeros to keep me going for quite likely the rest of my life. I'm in heaven. I'll probably stay there as long as I can keep getting hold of up to date books, fingers crossed my current source keeps delivering. Mind you, even if I can't, it's not as if I'll be short on things to read.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like it. What books have you got?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh far too many to list here, there's something like 17,000 of them! Now that you mention it though, I should probably cross reference against my Amazon wishlist somewhat sharpish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated...