Monday 24 August 2009

Another Decade Exits Stage Left

So my thirties have made a graceful, if inevitable, exit stage left and my forties have shuffled in from the right. Got some good presents though, I'm especially looking forward to charging round Thruxton in a Ferrari F-430. Hope I don't crash it. My groovy book reader is doing sterling work already, I've read the latest China Mieville and really enjoyed it, I'm currently working on Harry Ramsden 10, with 11 waiting in the wings.

I was wondering if I'd feel any different now I'm, gulp, forty. And the answer of course is not in the slightest. After all I'm only a day older than I was when I was thirty nine. If anything I feel better now than I did when I was thirty, I'm certainly a lot fitter and stronger (thanks CrossFit and Kettlebells, with an honourable mention to Ross Enamait) so that's not an issue. I suppose the future is a lot more uncertain and of course I have a daughter to worry about too, but that would be the case whatever age I happened to be, so I can't blame that on being forty either.

So, that's about it really, with the stage makeup on my forties look very like my thirties...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...