Friday 7 August 2009

All Fun And No Grump Makes Jack A Dull Blog(ger)

Or No News Is Dull News.

Yes, it's been pretty quiet on the things worth blogging about front this week. Phoebes has been sprouting teeth like she's part shark (another two have appeared, making six this month) which is causing a few ripples in the normally tranquil pond of fatherhood.

Meditation class has been postponed this week again, so I can't even mutter under my breath about mystical energy forces. Well, OK, I can - but not without repeating myself.

Summer holidays are in full swing so the traffic has been pretty good. I even managed to drive right round the roundabout, onto the slip road and all the way to the Dartford Tolls without stopping once which has never happened before. It'll probably never happen again either.

In many ways this is of course a good thing, but it's pretty clear that my urge to blog is almost entirely fuelled by grumpiness. I could have blogged about the inconsiderate feckers who parked their beer lorry outside the pub in Chobham High St, totally blocking one side of that very busy road which added an extra fifteen minutes onto my journey. I realise they need to deliver beer and all that, that's not what annoyed me. What annoyed me was there's a car park right next to the place they stopped. They could have parked in there and avoided all that chaos. At the most it would mean lugging the barrels a couple more feet, surely not too onerous? Thoughtless gits.

Hey! I just realised, while describing the blog entry I didn't make I got a bit grumpy and ended up doing the post after all. Has normal service has been resumed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...