Thursday 16 July 2009

It's Meditation Time

Surprisingly to some perhaps, I'm doing a meditation course. This week it's 'Earth' - not the Earth we live on, but Earth as in Earth, Water, Fire, Air (which will be coming up in subsequent weeks.) I'm enjoying it, it's certainly very relaxing and you can definitely feel some sort of physical response such as tingling and even twitching in all the right places (the place in the body that corresponds to the Earth Element is at the base of your spine/coccyx.)

I can't help feeling a little sceptical about the explanation for what's happening though. I mean, come on, Chi energy and Chakras, it all just a bit (OK a lot) silly. I'm not saying I can explain what is happening but invoking some mysterious force as an explanation in fact explains nothing. It's probably something to do with increased blood flow, nerve stimulation or tiny muscles or fascia that rarely move consciously twitching. It's times like this that I wish I knew a bit more biology.

Still, I am enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...