Thursday 1 October 2009

Police Van Fakery?

Something a little unusual happened on the way home from work last night. I was just through the Dartford Crossing in the usual heavy traffic when I heard a faint police siren. Naturally I started looking around too see if it was behind me. Sure enough I saw a white transit van behind me with it's headlights alternating. It was moving along the middle lane so in fact I didn't need to move over, it just swept past me on the inside. As it went past I noticed a few odd things. The first was that the siren was very quiet even when it was right beside me. The second was that it didn't have a blue flashing light anywhere in evidence. The third was that the back of the van was full of what can only be described as electrical junk. And the fourth was that it was quite an old and fairly dirty van.

So I started to wonder, was it really a police van or was it just some bloke who had rigged up his headlights and a siren to get through traffic a bit quicker? It certainly seems like it was the second one! And it certainly seemed to be working, everyone was getting out of his way! Unfortunately I have no way of telling.

Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...