Wednesday 7 October 2009

New Lens For Old, New Lens For Old

Well, not exactly, more like Old Lens for Money, but that made a better title. I picked up a second hand Minolta AF lens which will fit my camera in Harpers very cheaply (it's slightly damaged.) I've taken a few test shots and I can't see anything wrong with the pictures at all, in fact they look significantly better than the ones taken with the (more or less) equivalent kit lens. The guy in the shop said it was "the bees knees" in its day and it's certainly looking that way. Fortunately lens technology doesn't change nearly as much as the technology in the bodies does, so a good Minolta lens is a great buy at a fraction of the cost of the equivalent Sony ones. I might be haunting the second hand camera shops a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...