Friday 29 April 2011

Celebration Ale, C'mon

As any fule kno, I am totally obsessed with the Royal Family and all their works.* So what could be more appropriate, on this the occasion of an extra bank holiday, than to celebrate the glorious extra day off work by cracking open a bottle of the soon-to-be-legendary Celebration Ale from the Old Shed Brewery. It's been quite a while since I last had some, and to be honest I had totally forgotten how it tasted, other than it was not bad for a beer-like drink, so I prepared myself to take a bit more note of what it was actually like this time. There's a definite chocolaty edge to it and although it does taste a bit beery it was mild enough that I was able to overlook this obvious drawback.

Or should that be strong enough? Because, although I'm not in any position to judge it certainly seems pretty damn strong to me. It's hard to say just how strong it is, but if I had to guess I would say "very". Seven hours later and I'm pondering the wisdom of my decision - yes, it is appropriate for celebration but to be honest so is a VRB and that wouldn't give me a nasty head. I may have to wait before sampling again until I have a willing co-consumer to share the pleasure and the pain.

*This is not true.

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated...