Wednesday 24 November 2010

Ned's Special Lemon Ale

At last the Holy Grail of ales has been found, which is to say, one that doesn't taste like beer. My clever brother produced a delightful Lemon Ale which is nothing like beer in the slightest and very lemony indeed. In fact it's very like Two Dogs although perhaps not quite as sour (which is a good thing I hasten to add.) Now I'm not sure if his intention was to go quite so far down the isn't remotely like beer route, but I'm glad he did. Sadly no photo, but just imagine a brown bottle with no label and the letter "L" hand written on the cap with a marker pen. Surely, you might think, such a great ale should have an equally impressive bottle to clothe it, but no, for is it not written that the Ale Messiah will be humble and glorious? No, it isn't... Well, I suppose given the preceding sentence that's not entirely true as I very much did just write that. But it's not written anywhere apart from here.

So well done Ned. Keep 'em coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...