Thursday 7 February 2013

Mnemonic Fail

Like many people I sometimes forget people's names.  Particularly if they are names I've never heard before or I've never seen them written down.  There are a couple of people at my fencing club who's names I just kept forgetting, week after week.  After the third or fourth time it becomes a little embarrassing to ask them what their name is yet again.  So, I decided to use a mnemonic technique where I tried to remember their name by associating it with something unusual that was quite like the sound.  Unfortunately, there are now two people at my fencing club who I know for a fact are not called Arachnid and Camel. 

It is of course entirely possible that my lack of success with this technique was caused by me remembering it wrong.  Oh the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...