Wednesday 29 February 2012

Saddened and Fooled

I was chatting at work today and the conversation somehow turned to the 90's proto-MMA wrestling series Bushido. It took me quite a while to find on Google, mainly because Bushido is a fairly common term and because I thought it had been on Channel4 when in fact it was on Eurosport. Anyway, the reason I was looking was to see some footage of this guy in action. I was always impressed with his speed, his power and especially his suplexes. I was saddened to find out that he was dead.

Googling on I was then shocked to find out that UWFi bouts were in fact as fixed as all the other pro wrestling entertainment shows. They heavily promoted themselves as a legitimate wrestling organisation while deriding all the others as fake and I fell for it!

I'm really grumpy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...