Thursday 10 November 2011

The Only Lamp In the Village

A few days back there was a power cut across a large swath of Woking. But not in our house, oh no, because I have a UPS under the study desk. When it became apparent that the power wasn't coming on again any time soon (it was off for two hours altogether) I switched off the NAS and then started to think. I had a large battery attached to a bunch of sockets under the desk, which was just sitting there. It seemed a shame to waste it; so I went upstairs, grabbed a table lamp and plugged it in. And there was light.

It was a very strange feeling to look out of my bright study window and see no other lights shining back at me.

I wonder if I could set up a generator in the garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...