Friday 13 August 2010

Caveat Emptor

Just had my first epic Internet shopping fail. I bought a book through Amazon marketplace, which was swiftly dispatched. When I opened it, initially everything seemed fine, the cover was slightly damaged but it was a second hand book, so I wasn't too worried but then I noticed there was a chapter called David Lee Roth. "That's a little odd..." I thought. I was eating dinner so put the book down for a moment. I picked it up again and idly noticed that the inside front page of the book referenced Henry Rollins, then my eyes wandered up and I also idly noticed that the title of the book seemed to be "Do I come here often." These thoughts drifted round inside my head for a few moments before suddenly crashing together with a bang. "This isn't the bloody book I ordered!"

Now, you might think that would be the sort of thing that would leap out at you straight away but person or persons unknown had ripped the cover off the book I actually wanted and glued it over the cover of the Rollins book. They'd done a fairly decent job of it too, the Rollins book was almost exactly the same thickness and shape as the original book so to a casual glance there was nothing untoward.

I should add that I contacted the seller and they are dispatching another straight away. So that part at least is working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...