Monday 12 July 2010

Money for Nothing

I was the glad recipient of some free money, from the Inland Revenue no less. Well, when I say I, what I actually mean is my company. I was a bit perplexed at first and so was my accountant, especially as the accompanying letter, terse though it was, explained it was interest due to me. Why on earth were the Inland Revenue paying me interest I wondered?

After a bit of thinking the accountant finally worked out that it was because I'd paid my corporation tax before it was due. I was quite pleased about this because the only reason I'd paid it early was because the interest rate on my bank account was the princely rate of 0.0%. So in fact, I got a better rate from the revenue than I did from the bank.

Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...